Something is wrong with your heater. But you may find yourself wondering just how bad the situation is. Will you make it through with another repair this year? Or is it finally time to work on getting a new system in your home?
We want our customers to know that they can trust us to help them with both repairs or a replacement. This starts with making sure that you have the information you need to feel comfortable scheduling an appointment with us.
Here’s what you need to know about determining whether you need repairs or replacement for your heater.
3 Signs You Need Heater Repairs
Is your heater struggling to get by? Then it may mean it is time to book repairs for your heater. Here are three signs it is time to call us for heater repair:
- Concerning noises: Hearing something strange while your heater is in operation? If so, it is worth having your system checked for repair needs. Sounds like screeching, hissing, rattling, or clanging are all noises that indicate a problem.
- Reduced heating: Reduced effectiveness from your heater is a big sign of trouble. Make sure that you have a clean filter in place and, if this doesn’t resolve the issue, have a technician check your heater out.
- Increased energy bills: If your heater is struggling to get through a heating cycle, it may eat up additional fuel or electricity to try to make up the difference. If you’ve noticed that your energy bills reflect a huge spike when you use the heater, it means your system is in trouble.
3 Signs You Need a New Heater
Do you need a new heater instead of trying to repair your current one? Here are 3 indicators that you are better off scheduling a heater replacement in Bellevue:
- You need frequent repairs: Are you having to schedule repairs to keep your heater running too frequently? Needing repairs each year is a sign of a system that is in big trouble. This means that your system is on its way out.
- Your heater is old: Another sign that you may be in need of a new heater is your system’s age. If your heater is struggling but is only five years old, it is likely going to be okay to get a repair. However, a heater that is over 10 years old is one that you’ll need to prepare to replace soon.
- Your repair bills are too expensive: Make sure to keep tabs on your repair costs too. A high repair bill can be a sign that you are better off getting a new system instead of paying to fix your current one. A repair bill that costs almost as much as a new system is a sign that you should replace your system.
Still not sure whether you need repairs or a heater replacement? We can help! Our team is here to provide guidance and assistance.
Need help with your heater? Contact the team at WSB HVAC to schedule an appointment. Connecting you to comfort.