How is your air conditioner operating? If you aren’t able to answer that question with confidence, it may mean it is time to get someone to look at your air conditioner. You don’t want to find yourself facing the hotter months of the summer without a good cooling system. Addressing any needs for an air conditioner repair in Bellevue, WA before the system really starts to struggle will save you time, stress, and may even save you some money too.
Here are the indicators that you need to watch for that will alert you to when you need to contact a professional to check out your AC.
Indicators That You Need to Schedule AC Repairs
If you notice any of the following warning signs, make sure to schedule repairs quickly, before you end up needing a replacement.
- Odd noises: One way to figure out that you need repairs is when your AC starts to sound bad. Noises like clanging, rattling, hissing, screeching and more are all indicators that something is wrong with your system.
- Reduced airflow: You may have a problem with your AC if the system is unable to produce the proper airflow throughout the house. You may have a fan problem or a duct leak that needs to be dealt with.
- Irregular cooling cycles: Is your air conditioner battling with shortened or interrupted cooling cycles? Or does it seem like your AC runs nonstop? These are cases of irregular cycling and both long and short cycling is a problem that requires professional repair. Irregular cycling can easily cost you in increased energy use and a shortened system lifespan.
- Ice on the evaporator coil: Ice collecting on the AC’s evaporator coil isn’t a sign that your system is working especially well. The opposite is actually true. Ice on the evaporator coil is often a sign of a problem in the air conditioning system, such as bad airflow or a refrigerant leak.
- Fluid leaks: Another sign of a problem in your AC is when it begins to leak. It may be something like a condensate drain clog or it could be more serious, like a refrigerant leak. In any case, leaks should be seen to immediately.
- No cool air: A big warning sign of trouble from your AC is when it is unable to create cold air. If your AC is producing warm air instead of cold air, talk to a technician today.
- Higher energy bills: Lastly, make sure to keep an eye on your energy bills when you run your air conditioner. If you notice large increases in your energy bills when your AC is in use, it is likely that the system needs help from an expert.
When your air conditioner starts to struggle, it is worthwhile to have it checked out by a professional technician like those on our team. Our NATE-certified technicians are here to help, we can even provide emergency repairs if needed.
Connecting you to comfort since 1979. Schedule the team at WSB HVAC to schedule your next AC service.